Chapel of the Ursulines
Pilgrims House • Aire-sur-l’adour
Built between 1871 and 1878
Become private in 1973
Open to the pilgrims in 1986
A short-lived place of worship
The community is installed in the Mas, in a disappeared maintaining house, and will stay there 103 years. Although vast, it turned out unsuitable for the monastic rules.
Lord Epivent (bishop of Aire and Dax) made build the chapel and the adjacent buildings from 1871. Died in 1876, he will not see the completion in 1878.
After the eviction of Ursulines in 1905, a small seminar was installed there in 1906. The chapel was acquired by a private individual in 1973.
The altar was isolated by a railing today disappeared, to separate the sisters of the laymen during the service.
In 1906 a small seminar occupies places. Today the building situated at the bottom disappeared. It gave way to the court of the professional high school.